Positive Classroom Management practices for primary
DEVELOP YOUR OWN CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT SYSTEM AND A POSITIVE CLASSROOM ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR YOUNG LEARNERS.
HERE IS A TEASER OF SOME OF THE COURSE CONTENT!
Many teachers feel lost and in need of support and practical ideas to deal with classroom management in a more positive way… especially in this new context!
Without solid classroom management skills:
- None of the wonderful activities we plan work out
- Lesson aims go out the window
- Stress levels rise
- Teaching becomes difficult
We believe that effective classroom management is not just a set of techniques or a way you respond to challenging behavior. It’s a whole system that you start building even before you step into the classroom.
Would you like to learn how?
In this course, your tutor Lilian Montalvao will be teaching you how to plan and develop your own positive classroom management system that you can incorporate into your teaching practice.
We want you to finish the course feeling confident that you know how to organise your classroom and lessons in a way that prevents misbehaviour and creates a positive learning environment.
Most importantly, this course is about changing the way you understand and deal with difficulties when they arise in the young learner classroom.
In this course you can expect to learn how to:
- Better understand child development and how it impacts behaviour in the classroom
- Create a positive learning environment that helps prevent a range of struggles
- Plan developmentally appropriate lessons that prevent many typical problems
- Create routines that work for you and your learners and that contribute to the smooth running of lessons
- Get an introduction to the Positive Discipline approach
- Break the code of “misbehaviour”, identify its cause and respond effectively, using Positive Discipline tools and strategies.
That’s an incredible amount of content and an amazing community of colleagues that will support each other on their professional development journey.
Module 1 – The Profile of Primary Learner and Teacher
In this module, you will get an overview of the developmental profile of the Primary Learner and the implications this has on your teaching practice. You will also examine your own values and principles and how these impact your expectations and behaviour.
- Cognitive, social and emotional development of the Primary Learner
- The Profile of the “Successful Primary Teacher”
- Adjusting our expectations
Video Class: Building Positive Relationships
Module 2 – Lesson Planning and Organisation
In this module, we provide practical tips for the organisation of your lessons, materials and physical space. These are essential elements to the smooth running of your lessons and, when done right, can prevent indiscipline and encourage positive behaviour.
- Lesson planning
- Routines and Procedures
- The physical space and materials
Video Class: Behind the scenes of my planning and teaching process
Module 3 – Positive Discipline Strategies for the Primary Classroom
In this module, you are introduced to the Positive Discipline approach and practical ways in which you can apply the principles and techniques to your own repertoire of classroom management strategies. Learn to deal with common difficulties in positive ways to help children feel a sense of belonging and significance in your classroom.
- Principles of Positive Discipline
- Fundamental Concepts for Implementing the Positive Discipline Approach
- Practical Tools for Dealing with Difficulties
Video Class: Practical examples of Positive Discipline from my teaching practice and bonus tools.
I’m Lilian Montalvão and I’ve been working with English Language Teaching for over 15 years.
I’ve taught all age groups, but I have specialised in Young Learner teaching because I’m really passionate about teaching children.
During these years, I’ve worked at language institutes, both as a teacher and coordinator, and at the moment I’m a Primary English Language teacher and ELT Consultant at a big regular school in Belo Horizonte.
My experience teaching children as well as training and supporting other Young Learner teachers has shown me both the beauty and the complexity of teaching this age group.
This is why I’ve spent the last few years learning as much as I could about how children learn and develop. I have a Master’s in Education, I’ve specialised in Early Childhood Education and I’m currently specialising in Bilingual Education as well. I’m also a certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator.
My mission is to inspire Young Learner teachers to become the best educators they can be.
- 7-day warranty
- Certificate of Completion
- Access via Hotmart Sparkle
- 10 hours of original content